Industrialist Henry J. Kaiser (at left) and auto executive Joseph W. Frazer formed Kaiser-Frazer Corporation in 1947 to challenge the established auto makers.
Hall of Fame Timeline
Automobile Old Timers organization is launched in October with their national headquarters at the Hotel Roosevelt, Madison Ave. and 45th Street. The mission was to perpetuate memories of the early auto pioneers.
The Fifth Annual Meeting and Luncheon is held at the Hotel Roosevelt in October.
The name was changed to Automotive Old Timers to include the inventors, engineers, stylists, manufacturers, dealers and "all others whose combined talents keep America awheel."
Moves to Washington D.C.; the national headquarters is located in NADA Building located at 2000 K Street N.W.; organization newsletter imagines establishing an Automotive Hall of Fame and Museum in the nation's capital.
In May, Northwood Institute, now Northwood University, in Midland, MI. becomes the new home of the Automotive Old Timers. Offices are located in Building 304, The Village, on the Northwood Institute Campus
First permanent AHF building built on Northwood campus...
Name of the organization is changed to Automotive Hall of Fame. The Board of Directors felt this is a more fitting name in light of their anticipated expansion plans.
Dedication of new Automotive Hall of Fame construction site as part of American Automobile Centennial Week in late June.
In August, Black tie grand opening of new facility at 21400 Oakwood.