Is the deadline on the application the postmark or receiving date?
– The application must be postmarked on or before June 30 of the current year to be eligible.
Do all of the supporting information, letters, transcripts, etc, need to be submitted at the same time (mailed together)?
– No, as long as all requirements are postmarked and received by June 30 of the current year.
Can the requirements be faxed?
– No, all requirements must be originals.
What is an official transcript?
– An official transcript has a raised seal and or an official signature. The official transcript should be current but not necessarily the final.
Do you have to be a US citizen?
– Yes, you must be a United States citizen or in the United States on a student visa.
Does the essay have to be handwritten?
– You may print, hand write or type the essay. Please make legible.
Are the scholarships only good for high school students?
– Anyone who is accepted at an accredited college, university or trade school is eligible to apply.
Is a technical or trade school eligible for a scholarship?
– A technical or trade school must be equal to a two year Associates program.
Do you have to be a full time student?
– Yes, to be eligible you must be enrolled full time.
How and when will I be notified if I am chosen for a scholarship?
– You will be notified by mail at the home address on your application at the end of August of the current year of applying.