Tom Manganello represents clients in automotive supply chain contracting and the handling of legal matters between suppliers and automotive companies. Tom coleads Warner Norcross & Judd’s Auto Industry Group and as well as leading Warner’s Automated/Autonomous Vehicle Subcommittee. Tom’s vast experience also includes automotive product liability and negligence trials as well as compliance with NTHSA regulations.
In addition to handling numerous products cases, Tom focuses on commercial litigation in warranty, recall and contract disputes. Although Tom’s practice is heavily concentrated in the automotive industry, he also counsels manufacturing, industrial and pharmaceutical organizations in supply chain and commission sales disputes. He is also the founder and chairman of MICHauto, Michigan’s automotive industry cluster association.
- Past legal counsel to the Original Equipment Supplier Association, O.E. Sales and Marketing and C.E.O. Councils
- Lead counsel for Global Tiers 1, 2 & 3 supplier warranty/OEM supply chain and contracting disputes
- Leads WNJ’s auto industry subcommittee on automated and autonomous vehicle technology and regulation legislation
- Represents clients in USA, Germany and Hong Kong/China
- Cofounder and Chairman of MICHauto, Michigan’s only membershipbased automotive industry cluster association
- Legal advocacy and representation for auto manufacturers, trying over 30 cases to verdict in state, appellate and federal courts across the nation
- Co-coordinator of major automotive seat litigation project and as national counsel for automotive transmission-inadvertent vehicle movement cases and heavy truck cab design allegations
- Developed strategies for vigorous trial and case management for multistate litigation involving OEM product liability matters , including retaining and managing outside counsel, coordinating expert witnesses (medical and technical) and advising client executives on case selection and motion filings for favorable interpretation of the law