Robert L. Sirotek joined his family firm of Illinois Auto Electric Company in 1946, and was immediately instrumental in expanding and quickening the development of a warehouse distributor division for the company. He was also responsible for further diversifying the company into small engine, diesel service, and truck refrigeration.
He assumed the presidency of the company in 1974, and has been active in the Automotive Aftermarket Association. He was a charter member of the Automotive Wholesalers of Illinois, and served as its president from 1965-66. He has also been extremely active with the Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association, serving as its chairman from 1979-80 and currently as its permanent historian and co-chairman of its University Foundation.