Candidate Submission for Induction Award
Induction into the Automotive Hall of Fame is the greatest single honor bestowed on individuals who have dedicated their lives and careers to the automotive industry. Induction is reserved for individuals who have made a dramatic impact on the development of the automobile or the automotive industry.
Candidates can come from the following nine industry categories:
- Automobile Clubs, Associations, Advertisers
- Car and Truck Dealers and Distributors
- Motor Vehicle Manufacturers
- Automotive Aftermarket &Service Industry
- Automotive Parts Manufacturers
- Inventors, Engineers, Designers
- Journalists, Historians, Educators
- Trucks and Trucking
Names and background information for all candidates received by the Automotive Hall of Fame are submitted to an Awards Advisory Panel consisting of representatives of the automotive press and automotive historical organizations for their review. The Advisory Panel’s recommendations accompany the list of all candidates to the Awards Committee for its final vote and recommendations to the Board of Directors.
The Board has the final decision on who will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. A candidate will be considered for induction over three successive years without being re- submitted; however, after the third year of consideration, the candidate’s name must be withdrawn for a period of two years before the individual may be submitted again. Upon being re-submitted, the candidate will again be eligible for consideration on the three-year-on /two-year-off cycle outlined above.
Candidates for induction should meet most, but not necessarily all, of the following General Criteria:
- Have made a meaningful contribution to the development of the automobile or the automotive industry.
- Have achieved success in their particular field of automotive endeavor as exemplified by positions of leadership, awards and honors, patents, etc.
- Be recognized as innovative, generally characterized by the “invention” of products, ideas, or concepts.
- Have made contributions outside the automotive industry, exemplified through community, educational, philanthropic, or government activities.
- Have a long-standing affiliation with the automotive industry.
- Be of high moral character.
Candidates must be received by August 31 in order to be considered for the Induction Ceremony held in July of the following year.
Please complete the Candidate Submission Form, making sure to supply information that will satisfy the General Criteria above. Copies of resumes, magazine, newspaper, web articles, and other reference materials that would assist the Awards Committee in considering the candidate, should be enclosed with the Candidate Submission Form. An incomplete form or insufficient information can hinder a candidate’s chances of selection.
Submissions may be made on this form or by letter and sent to:
Automotive Hall of Fame
21400 Oakwood Boulevard
Dearborn, Michigan 48124 USA